We thank our volunteers who joined us on that day to be a part of this occasion. But the journey doesn’t end here. Please reach out and partner us to restore their dignity as a human being and make them self dependent. Support their rehabilitation with your contribution and support.
UWK partnered with Iswar Sankalpa for this noble cause.
Birthday with a difference!
United Way Kolkata celebrated the birthdays of Nur Hossain, Raj Sk, Rishika Manna, Sumaiya Khatun, Samiun Islam – children of February with their friends and family, the difference being that these little ones were confined to the hospital bed of their Cancer Ward.
Still sprightly and mostly unaware of their condition, they enthusiastically cut the cake and opened their gifts like all kids do.
UWK spend Saturday morning celebrating their spirit with the cooperation of the staff and doctors of the Cancer centre.
UWK was supported in its noble cause by individual volunteers who also contributed their time and spread the cheer.
If you wish to join us, support us or celebrate your birthday a bit differently, do connect with Dipanwita Das @ 8927981881 or through our website / facebook.
- There are more than 100 types of cancers; almost any part of the body can be affected.
- The five most frequent cancers (ranking defined by total number of cases) in India in men and women are breast, cervical, oral cavity, lung and colorectal.
- Cancer is the second most common cause of death in India (after cardiovascular disease).
- Use of tobacco products (e.g. smoking cigarettes) are the single most preventable cause of death worldwide.
- More women in India die from cervical cancer than in any other country.
Co Chairman, DCG Data Core Systems (India) Pvt Ltd
He presently holds the position of Co Chairman, DCG Data Core Systems (India) Pvt Ltd., a part of DCPL Group of Companies and subsidiary Data Core Systems, Inc US. He is also an active member of the Governing Bodies of Saroj Gupta Cancer Research & Hospital, Thakurpukur and Aurobindo Seba Kendra Hospital. He is also the Partner, Sengupta & Roy, a firm of Chartered Accountants…